Thursday, July 16, 2015

Testing cables with the help of Stickvise

Today I made a ribbon cable and wanted to test continuity between the two connectors using a multimeter. When holding multimeter probes in each hand it is nearly impossible to keep the cable still for testing. That's when I realized I could hold the connectors side by side in a Stickvise and the rest was a snap!

Check it out below.


A few weeks ago @haydn jones sent me a picture of his Stickvise clamped to a table edge as a quick wire spool holder - great idea! If you have used Stickvise for anything unusual, email me or leave a comment - I would love to see more pictures!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Alex Rich,
    Your article is very nice. This multi meter used cure ct way good result. Thank you for your nice post.

    ReplyDelete